How do I change my dlink wifi router name and password?
- First and foremost, turn your D’link router upside down.
- Look for a sticker on the D-Link wifi router's back or bottom panel now.
- This sticker should include the D’link wifi router's SSID network name and password.
- If the D’link router doesn't have a sticker, check for the default credentials in the router’s user manual.
- On your computer or smartphone, go to http://dlinkrouter.local.
- Now, from the drop-down option, click on the Wireless Settings.
- Then select Wireless Security from the drop-down menu.
- You can find your D’link router’s wireless password in the Passphrase key.
- To begin, use a web-based approach to access the D'link router's configuration page.
- Connect the PC to your D'link wireless router either wirelessly or via an Ethernet connection for this.
- To access the login page, you'll need your D'link device's default IP or web address.
- In the address box of your browser, type in dlinkrouter.local or 192.168.1.1.
- On the Dlink router login page, enter the admin name and password.
- Then, in Wireless Settings, create a new SSID name and password in the appropriate areas.
- Then, for security considerations, pick WPA2/WPS2-PSk from the Wireless Security mode drop-down menu.
- After that, enter the password key in the appropriate field to keep your network safe.
- After you've finished configuring everything, click the Apply tab to save your changes.
- The reset button is located on the back or bottom panel of the Dlink router.
- Press the reset button with a pointed pin or a paperclip while the device is turned on.
- After then, press and hold the button for at least 30 seconds before releasing it.
- Wait for the D'link device to complete a full reboot and turn back on.
- Alternatively, you can perform a 30-30-30 hard reset on your D'link device to factory reset. Instead of 30 seconds, hold down the D'Link reset button for 90 seconds. You can update your Mydlink login password after it has been reset by logging into the dlinkrouter.local dashboard.
- To begin, open your PC's browser and type dlinkrouter.local into the address bar.
- Ensure that the Ethernet cable from the PC to the router is in place.
- You'll then be prompted to enter your Dlink router login details.
- Enter the username and password for your router's default credentials. Login by clicking the Login button.
- Then select the Advanced tab.
- Select System Tools.
- Select Factory Reset from the Backup & Restore menu.
- Wait for the D’link router to return to factory defaults before rebooting completely.
- Perform the D’link router setup process and change its network settings when it has been reset.
- On your computer system that is connected to the home WiFi, open an Internet browser.
- In the address bar, type http://dlinkrouter.local or http://192.168.0.1. It will send you to the login page for the Dlink router.
- Then, using the admin username and password, log in to the Dlink router's administrative dashboard.
- If you've already changed your dlink router password and can't remember it, you'll need to reset it to factory defaults.
- To reset the D-Link router, use a paperclip to press and hold the reset button on the router's bottom panel.
- Navigate to the Management tab on the router's web dashboard to update the admin password.
- Select the System Admin option from the drop-down menu.
- In the Admin Password field, type a new password.
- To store the new admin password, click the Save button.
- Firstly, open the Mydlink application on your smartphone.
- Ensure that the app is linked to the D-Link router's network.
- On the D'link admin panel, click the Forgot Password link.
- A verification link will be sent to the registered phone number or email address associated with your D'Link account.
- After that, click the link to be taken to a website where you must create a new password.
The first thing you should do after receiving a new D-Link router is to change the default passwords. Changing the Dlink router’s default Wi-Fi credentials to something more secure is recommended. It is a smart security practice to change the wifi password of the Dlink router to something more complicated. You can protect your home Wi-Fi network from hackers and other internet threats by using a strong password. In this post, you'll discover how to update the Dlink router Wi-Fi and admin passwords.
How do I find my wifi password?
If you haven't updated your router’s default Wi-Fi credentials yet, you can find them on the product label.
Another way to find the d'link default wifi password
How to change wifi router password?
If you forget your D-Link device's Wi-Fi password, you'll discover how to update it in this section. To update the D'Link WI-Fi name and password, follow the instructions below:
How to reset d'link router admin password?
If you can't log in to your D-Link router with the default password, it's likely that you have changed it. You may need to reset your D-link wifi router if you forget your admin password, wifi router and log in using the default credentials. After reset, all personalized settings, such as passwords, security keys are erased.
Follow the steps below to hard reset your D'link router:
Soft reset your D’link router
How to change d'link router name and password?
Steps to change wifi password via MyDlink login app
The methods to change the Dlink router login password were as follows. You can reach out to our technical team at our toll-free number if you have any more questions or concerns about the Dlink router. You can also find simple instructions for installing and configuring the Dlink wifi router. Do a live chat with the experienced team using an online chat window for further information.