Steps For Dlink Extender Setup
Dlink extenders are yet another name in the networking industry. If you are looking for help on the setup process, this is your place to be.
In this blog, we’ll tell you the steps to Dlink Wireless Extender Setup.
Proceeding with the setup process
The Dlink wireless extender setup process is common to other routers though there are some changes to the IP address which we’ll address today. Follow the steps to Dlink extender setup process.
- Dlink Wireless Extender
- Two Ethernet cables
- Computer System with Ethernet cable support
- Working Internet Connection.
Now, follow the steps:
- Open the Wireless Utility in your Computer system and connect to the network you wish your extender to connect to.
- Enter the credentials when prompted to. When connected, open the web browser and enter http://dlinkap.local in the address bar, or you can also use the default IP address 192.168.0.50.
- A new window will open. If you are accessing this page for the first time, the auto-configuration wizard will start running on its own. In other cases, simply enter the password and click on Login button.
- Click on the Setup Wizard button. A pop up will appear and click on the Next button.
- On the next screen, you will two options, whether to connect the device to the router via the WPS option or to follow the manual setup method.
- If you want to proceed with easy setup, go with WPS method and click on Next. The wizard will then guide you through some steps to set up the extender using the WPS method.
- To set up the network manually, click on the Next button.
- A list of available networks will be shown to you on the next screen. Select the one you would like to connect to. Then click on Select.
- Now enter the login credentials and click on connect.
- The extender will now begin extending the signals from the connected router once you have given your extended network an SSID and protected it with a security key.
- Once done, the wizard will show you the complete settings on the screen. Click on Save button and the setup process will be now complete.
The login process may seem simple, however, if you face issues with doing so, you can always reach out to our team of router tech support executives who will help you set your Dlink extender device up successfully to your router so you can have coverage even at the remotest corners of your house. Alternatively, you can always visit our website to learn more about the troubleshooting guides and resources that we have managed to build for you. Visit the website www.dlinklocal.com and find solutions to your problems.